Hippos and Pirates!

An odd combination I know.Both cards were made for the Willow Sketchie Challenge at the Craftbubble forum.The first is a Father’s Day card.

th_cards005[1]

Stamped image by Imaginisce coloured with Promarker pens,patterned paper printed from Canon Creative Park,some knotted ribbon from a pack bought at Early Learning Center for a pound (art & craft departments of toy shops often have some great goodies for a fraction of the price of craft retailers),square button from stash,corner rounder punch and first use of Safmat film.For those who are unfamiliar it’s an A4 transparent sheet you can print a computer generated image or wording onto,cut round, peel backing off and stick down onto your project.Almost like a personalised rub-on.

Second card made for DS2’s friend who was having a Pirate and Princess birthday party.

cards009[1]

The sketch has been rotated.I coloured the stamped Pirate from TandaStamps  with Promarker pens using the blender to pick up ink scribbled onto an acrylic block for the sand,sea and sky to create a subtle background,distressed and inked the edges.As I had stamped the image in brown I went over the hat and eyepatch with a black fine liner pen.I love these stamps but in the past found it quite difficult to find a medium that didn’t obliterate the fine detail on them so they were just used as they were.Because I decided to colour the image first I then discovered that I didn’t have any papers to co-ordinate.So I took a piece of ordinary copier paper used some of the solid stamps from the sets with Momento Dew Drops.I then filled in between with some blue and yellow chalks.After that I screwed it up into a ball,flattened it out before applying light brown chalk ink lightly with a sponge and distressed the edges,tearing in places adding more chalk ink on the back in  places that would be seen from the front and then rolling and folding the paper .The white card the sentiment is on was also chalked and inked.A Seagull punch was used on the corners and silver brads were tarnished by sanding lightly and rubbed over with a little black Stazon.Fibre and Skull and Crossbones charm added for the finishing touch.

I think I’ve managed to catch up now.

Craftbunny x.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: